Monday 19 December 2011

Travel


I have been a biker riding various commuter bikes for about 15 years now. These bikes were a mix of Indo-Jap commuter bikes, totally trouble free best for point to point travel  but they all lacked something... something that would strike a chord within... something that would light up the day... sigh.. sadly these commuter bikes came with a complete lack of  attitude. Attitude... well.. that department was reserved for one name in the Indian two wheeler market... Royal Enfield.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird Twin-spark 
 Royal Enfield.. the name brings goose bumps, its a name synonymous with style, royalty, passion, love, poetry and of course The THUMP! yes the thump, that sweet exhaust note which few affectionately call it the beat as in the heart beat of the bike, the same beat which makes many heads turn as it passes by on the road breaking a few hearts, I was one of those aching hearts until that September of 2009 when I bought my dream machine The Royal Enfield Thunderbird Twin spark.

Its been over two years and more than 23000 kms of sheer joy. The experience has been a pleasant surprise.... Yeah because many people had advised me against buying this machine citing various mechanical problems related with Royal Enfield bikes.

People said that you may spend more time at the mechanic shops than riding, and that you become friends with the mechanic than with your bike and so on....
I studied a lot about these bikes and the people who ride these machines through various forums... understood their views and their reasons for choosing their Royal Enfields

Also read a lot about the reliability of the new generation twin spark engines and how modern engineering merged with vintage passion gave birth to today's Royal Enfields.

 I then understood that the people who advised me against buying the bike were so naive about these beasts, they  knew so little yet they proclaimed to be ohh so knowledgeable. I decided buy the Thunderbird twin spark and today after more than two years of ownership I am glad I made that decision.

Today I leave you with few of the pictures I clicked on its second year with me...  Feast!

curvy

The legendary name

An apt picture for the name a Thunderbird under the Thundering clouds!


3 comments:

  1. lovely images!

    can i assume that it has been a trouble free 2years of ownership? am asking because i plan to buy one and ride all the way to Khardungla pass on my 60th birthday (aug2013)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes... it has been absolutely trouble free... touchwood... just regular services at 3.5k to 4k kms intervals and that's it... its a highly reliable product from the Royal Enfield stable. Go ahead and buy one you wont regret it. It is an absolute mile muncher My best wishes for your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you sagar for your reassurance.

    deepak

    ReplyDelete